Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Love Story ~ Forever Friday by Timothy Lewis ~ Review

I really wanted to fall in love with this story. It combines so many elements that I love in a great novel. Past and present. A dynamitic love story, the tumultuous era of speakeasies, the depression and love at first sight. The first chapter hooked me and the premise kept me reading, but I failed to truly “fall in love” as I thoroughly expected to.
           
It wasn’t that the story wasn’t any good or wasn’t worth my time in reading. But I think too much of the story was “told” to me. Too much description tended to fill up sections between dialogue (which did improve towards the middle to end of the book) and the characters were a wee bit flat. With a bit more refining the book would be there, because like I said, it combines many, many facets to create a fantastic story.
         
   But I don’t want my review to focus all on the negative, because it certainly isn’t a book not worth the reading. It’s one of those love stories you watch in a Hallmark movie come to the pages of a novel. It’s a story that touches the heart of the hopeless romantic in every reader.

           
This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

Ideal for readers of Nicholas Sparks, Forever Friday is the heartwarming a
nd captivating tale of an unlikely couple, a weekly gift of devotion, and a heartbroken man longing to discover the secret to lasting marriage.

After a devastating divorce leaves Adam Colby heartbroken, he is not sure how he can put the pieces of his life back together. He wonders if even God can make sense of the mess that remains-until a package of mysterious postcards that direct Adam to the story of Gabe and Huck Alexander. Drawn by her desire to find a true soulmate, Pearl "Huck" Huckabee breaks a turbulent engagement with her fiancé to marry Gabe Alexander, a man she's known just a few short weeks. Wanting to celebrate and protect their love, Gabe mails her a meaningful postcard every week-beginning in 1926-for the next sixty years. Designed to arrive on Fridays, each postcard not only contains an original poem, but holds precious truths, the sum of which answer the universal question: what makes a marriage last? As Adam begins to uncover the Alexanders' secret, he records Gabe and Huck's extraordinary romance. It's a process that will change his life forever.


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann