Thursday, November 3, 2011

Deserves More than One Read ~ The Christmas Singing by Cindy Woodsmall ~ Review


I really enjoyed this sweet novella. Its short yes, but what it lacks in normal page count, it more than makes for in heart.

            I enjoy the shorter novel, especially on a Sunday morning when I lay in bed a bit longer and just soak in the joy of a less-than-normal complicated story, one that I know I’ll get the Happily Ever After a bit quicker.

            I love Mattie in this story. She’s scatterbrained and a bit quirky, but she’s so lovable. And Gideon. With his strong charm, but humble and kind spirit, I fell in love with them both and wanted to see them get their love story completed and answered.

            The emotional aspect of this story is certainly not lacking. One well-meaning lie has ruined more than Gideon ever bargained for when he spoke it. And while Mattie needs to learn to forgive, you see them both grow and change in a way that completely warms the heart.

            I loved how the love story wasn’t terribly cliché. So often in a short novel there isn’t a lot to work with, so the default is what is old and what works. But “The Christmas Singing” went so far beyond that. The depth of the emotions, the humor of the moment. All captured in a lovely story that never felt rushed. Never felt drawn out. And certainly left me with a feeling of completion and a more than happy sigh.

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publisher for my copy to review.




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...

After Gideon coldly broke her heart, can the warmth of the season revive Mattie’s hopes?

Christmas has always been special to cake decorator Mattie Eash, who was born on the wondrous holiday.

Yet the season has lost its appeal in the three years since then, her childhood sweetheart abruptly ended their engagement on Christmas Eve. Mattie has moved on, left Apple Ridge, Pennsylvania and pursued her dreams of a cake shop in Berlin, Ohio and given her heart to someone new. Someone unlike Gideon Beiler. Somone safe.

Then an unforeseen setback forces her home and into painful proximity to Gideon. Will learning the truth behind his rejection restore her Christmas joy—or open the door to even deeper heartbreak?




*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Will you please consider rating my review?

I would certainly appreciate it and in no way will you be spammed. Your email is required so that a review is not accidentally rated more than one time per person.

THANK YOU!


6 comments:

  1. This looks like a wonderful sunday morning book! I'd like to rate your review too, but I see nowhere to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Adelina! Thanks for stopping by. :) Is the little box not popping up for you? Oh dear, then I have *no* idea. :-/

    Thank you for trying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to rate this review also but it isn't letting me! When I click on the little box it just says, Rate This Review but doesn't give me any choices. You did a great job reviewing this book!

    Blessings!
    Judy B

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mean it says, Rank This Review, not Rate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Judy for coming by and trying! I've updated the little rating box, so hopefully it will work now! Sheesh, technology. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Christmas stories!

    I have two friends with Christmas e-book novellas coming out in December. Can't wait to get them and read them.

    Blessings to you, Casey!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann