Saturday, October 1, 2011

So Completely Relatable ~ There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones ~ Review

I love Jenny B. Jones. I love how she tackles tough issues with her usual snark and personality infused onto the page and within her characters. I couldn’t help sharing a tidbit with my family when I read something especially funny.
            I don’t normally read YA fiction, but it had Jenny’s name attached to it, can you blame me for not resisting?? Yeah, you know you wouldn’t either. But the thing is – in no way would I have known if I hadn’t been told that this was a YA novel. I loved Finley in this story. I felt for her heartache and wanted to help push her through her pain.  She has such struggles that are so relevant with today’s teen girls and I know it will touch their lives and encourage them to live for Christ. I think there is a little bit of Finley in every girl (myself included) making her incredibly relatable.
            I loved the variety to the plot, from the dynamics with the old woman to the hot boyfriend and how each thread comes together to form a beautiful motif of a story.
            It’s written with humor and witty, witty dialogue (I wanna write dialogue like that – seriously!), characters you just want to cheer for and a story I’ll remember for a long time. I would recommend this book  without hesitation.
            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel...



In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.

When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.
But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.

When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.

Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.

Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.

For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.


4 comments:

  1. I just finished this book! I loved it. Like you said, it is very relatable. Anything Jenny B. Jones has written I have not been disappointed in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a must-read! I've read Ms. Jones' Katie Parker series and found myself staying up entirely too late, laughing my head off! Great review, Casey :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JULIE, I'm a new fan of Jenny, but have not been disappointed, like you said. I got to meet her at ACFW and she is planning a writing hiatus, but I hope she comes back with another great book--which she will!

    FAYE, I would say it is. ;-) I haven't read the Katie Parker series, but have heard it was funny. This one was more serious, but still good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Great book and great author.

    Blessings,
    ~Prism~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann