Saturday, October 22, 2011

Short, but Sweet ~ Hook, Line and Sinker by Susan May Warren ~ Review


I fell in love with Deep Haven when I first read “My Foolish Heart” and was excited to learn there were more books set in this loveable small community, including this short novella, “Hook, Line and Sinker.”

            I like how the plot line is a sweet, simple story, but with a character arc that is indicative of a Susan May Warren novel. Of course because the novella is pretty short it is a quick read and felt a *bit* rushed, but that is the nature of a novella.

            I didn’t recognize the two main characters, but I’m wondering if they might have shown up in earlier Deep Haven novels.  The novel has a bit of prequel feel, but I didn’t feel lost in previous history while reading.

            It’s a love story between two people who - over a misunderstanding - have pushed aside their love, but never forgotten it, only tried to bury it. Seeing them work towards the other were sweet moments in the book.

            Combine a love story with fishing and a two college age grads in love and with a heart for God’s ministry you have a quick, fun, but enjoyable novel. The kind that is fun to curl up with and spend an hour or so lost in another world.

            This review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers for my copy to review.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
More about the novel:

Susie and Casey at the ACFW conference Sept. 2011
The annual Deep Haven fishing contest draws professional and amateur anglers from across the country, but this year, Ross Springer is determined to win the top cash prize. In fact, he has no choice. It’s his last chance to leave a lasting legacy at Bethel College. He just never imagined his fundraising scheme would hook Abigail Cushman, the grad student who reminds him of all they’d had—and lost—every time she glances his way.

Abigail Cushman may not know the difference between a bass and a trout, but how hard can it be to catch a fish? She’s a quick learner, and she’s certain her smarts can net her a win over Ross Springer, the handsome charmer she’s tried to forget since grief tore them apart.

In the ultimate showdown between brains and heart, will Ross and Abby reel in more than they bargained for?

2 comments:

  1. I took a class from Susan Mae Warren at ACFW--what a wealth of information! And just as exciting, was meeting you, Casey!

    Thanks for all you share on your blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She always gives a great deal, Cheryl! LOVE Susie's classes! Though I definitely think meeting her would be MUCH more exciting than meeting me, but you're sweet. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann