Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A River to Cross by Yvonne Harris ~ Review


I’m afraid I can’t give a glowing review on every book I read and while there were enjoyable places in “A River to Cross”, I found a great deal of this story unbelievable.  More than once during the book I thought a scene was not appropriate to the time period.  And while I won’t enter into specifics as it would just be degrading, I will say I didn’t believe many of the events between  the hero and heroine would actually happen. I thought several historical facts were also inaccurate. It seemed too “modern”.

            The romance really rocketed to a fast start which I thought was a bit too fast. It didn’t seem plausible that the hero would see the heroine for the first time in a picture and immediately have heart flutters. However this is a short book with a short word count, so that very possibly, could have been the intent of the author.

            Several action scenes were well laid out, including the opening kidnapping scene. While I did enjoy the debut book, “The Vigilante’s Bride”, I didn’t find this book as entertaining to read. I was pulled too many times from the storyworld with what I considered implausibility.

            Now, with that said, I believe that if you enjoyed the first novel by this author, you will enjoy this second. This is simply the opinion of one reader.

            This is review is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publisher for my copy to review.          

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann