Saturday, October 9, 2010

Movie Review: The Way Home

If you have been following my blog for any length of time, you know I generally stick to all things related to books. But I do enjoy the occasional movie, so when The Way Home came up for review, I decided to step outside the box and try something new. Here is my review. Enjoy. :-)

Based on a true story THE WAY HOME is the story of one family’s desperate search to find their missing two year old son.
I wasn’t sure how a 90 minute movie could sustain a search for a little boy without feeling like it drug on. But I was pleasantly surprised that the film moved at a pace that kept me interested. Actor portrayals were well done, it didn’t feel “put on” or “tacked together”. There was no language, which I appreciated and the faith message wasn’t overdone, but mixed into the story at a good setting.
The camera for the first half of the movie jiggled some. If you are like me and tend to focus on little things like that, it can be bothersome, but once the movie hit the peak, I wasn’t noticing it anymore. There was one aspect of the story I found confusing. About the matter of one of the searcher’s younger brother they kept referring to, but the movie portrayed him like a son. This had me wondering what I missed, but I am sure with another viewing, the little confusing things will be cleared up.
Over all I thought this was a good family movie with life lessons that will make a difference beyond the last scene.
This is my honest opinion. Thanks to the publishers, Thomas Nelson through their Booksneeze program for my copy to review.

2 comments:

  1. I read a blurb that the boy was the searcher's brother who died. Sounds so heart-moving. Please enter me.

    desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that is what I thought, but it sounded like they kept referring to him as the RESCUER's little brother. I need to go over that again... Thanks for coming by to read the review!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann