Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Book Review: Texas Roads

When I was given the chance to read the debut novel, TEXAS ROADS, I was very excited and not disappointed in the least at the quality of the story.


The story is a sweet romance, a searching heart and a moving story of God’s love all rolled up into one.

The story grows and develops throughout the story, bringing the reader in. It is a simple story about finding home. There were moments of faith messages, but it didn’t feel preachy and flowed naturally with the story.

I thought the characters were well portrayed and showed a great deal of heart. By far my favorite character was Mama Beth, but the growing that Dani (the heroine) and Steve (the hero) did were gradual, but felt real. I wasn’t rushed in understanding their motivations and growth.

There was depth to the book with different angles that enhanced the main plot. The setting became like a second character, but it wasn’t without its quirks.

This is an excellent debut novel and after the sneak peek in the back of this book, I am looking forward to reading the second book.

All in all I really enjoyed this book, it has a homey feel to it, the kind of book to snuggle up with and get lost within its pages.

About the Book
TEXAS ROADS
2009 ACFW Genesis finalist
by Cathy Bryant

Dani Davis longs for a place to call home. With quaint country charm, quirky residents, and loads of business potential, Miller's Creek, Texas seems like the perfect place to start over...except for the cowboy who gives her a ride into town. Then malicious rumors and a devastating discovery propel her down a road she never expected to travel.
Cowboy mayor Steve Miller is determined to rescue his dying hometown. When vandals jeopardize the Miller's Creek renovation, he can't help but suspect Dani whose strange behavior has become fodder for local gossips. Will Steve and Dani call a truce for a higher cause, and in the process help Dani discover the true meaning of home?

5 comments:

  1. Casey, thanks so much for taking the time to read and review TEXAS ROADS. I'm glad you enjoyed the story!

    Blessings,
    Cathy =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casey, I love your review! Isn't Texas Roads wonderful?! Cathy is such an extraordinary person I knew her book would stand out. It's great to see you both here - 2 of my favorite folks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED this book and am anxiously awaiting the next one in the series!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I'm not the only one who is super excited for the next book in this series!

    XOXO~ Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi ladies,

    Sorry I've been delinquent in responding to your comments, but just today I finished up the first draft of Book 2 in the series.

    Thanks so much for your kind comments! You gals make my day...and week...and year! (And always bring a smile to my face!) =)

    Blessings,
    Cathy

    P. S. Casey, thanks again for the opportunity. I appreciate it soooooo much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann