Saturday, January 30, 2010

Book Review: Plain Pursuit

Carley Marek is forced to take a vacation by her boss, so she heads for Pennsylvania Dutch country and her Amish reformed friend. Entering the tranquil countryside and community of the Amish soon proves to be anything, but relaxing. From a shunning no one wants to forgive to a dying child in need of a kidney transplant, Carley is about to discover what she never expected to find.


I hate clichéd Amish stories and there are so many out there. But, I am so thrilled to share with you a simply wonderful story. A tale fresh with new perspective on the Amish culture. I am a huge stickler when it comes to getting facts right on the Amish, but Beth Wiseman does a marvelous job on accuracy. It was like a breath of fresh air and a story I loved from page one to the end. There was one moment that must have been a typo when it came to changing character perspective, because there was no break, but aside from that it was a great read. The ending will even make you want to cry (in a very good way!) 5/5 stars!

According to FTC rules: I received this book from Thomas Nelson as an influencer- I received no compensation for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann