Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Author Bio Spotlight: Cindy Woodsmall






When Cindy Woodsmall's first book released in 2006 it rocketed to amazing success, hitting the Christian bestseller and was a finalist in the 2007 ECPA Christian Book Award. Her second book hit the bottom of the New York Times Best Seller list at 34 and her third book in the Sisters of the Quilt Series hit number 13 on the same list and hit the US Today list! Best known for writing Amish fiction, Cindy lends an authenticity to her work that is incredible. Having several Amish friends, Cindy has researched their culture extensively, lending her books a wonderful flair of knowledge and authenticity.




Cindy has five fiction books out so far with her debut novel starting it all, When the Morning Comes. Though I have yet to read her two latest books, The Hope of Refuge and The Sound of Sleigh Bells, I did read her first series, Sisters of the Quilt. It has been three years since I have picked up one of those books and the characters still continue to live on in my imagination. Her characters are so alive and vivid, the reader yearns to help them through their struggles and see them persevere.




I love Amish fiction and Beverly Lewis and in my opinion, Cindy Woodsmall's book are every bit as accurate and good as Beverly Lewis. I would read one of her books in a heartbeat and once you have read one of her books you too will agree with me why she has rocketed to such high success. She has a wonderful website with a contest or two usually going on, so be sure and stop by and read more about her books at: http://www.cindywoodsmall.com/



1 comment:

  1. I've read all your books except A Season for Tending. I just received it via the mail and wil begin the read first of the week and be waiting on The Winnowing Season this coming April!!

    Love all your books!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by, I love to hear from those who traffic my blog! Have a wonderful day. :)

FTC Rules

According to new FTC rules I must let you, the reader know, that all views shared on this blog are strictly my own. Books to review are either provided for me by the author, publisher or ones I have purchased and I am under no obligation whatsoever to present anything, but my true opinion on any product. I receive no monetary compensation for anything written on this blog. Any giveaways on this blog are provided by the author/ publisher and I am not responsible for any views they express in their work or on this site. Giveaways are void were prohibited and chances of winnng are based on the number of applicants. A random winner is draw when a book is given away.

 
Blog Design by Imagination Designs all images from the Country Wildflowers kit by Laurie Ann